Tuesday, September 13, 2016

New Office - again - in new Building this time

So, last September I posted about how I had become department chair and moved into the Chair's office?  I didn't even get to keep that particular office for a whole year. Over the summer we had to move everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, out of the old Science Building and into the newly renovated Science and Mathematics Complex (Phase 2). The department office, my faculty office, my laboratory, and everything else had to vacate because the old building is coming down to make way for Phase 3. 

The new department offices are pretty good - here is the Chair's bit of the Earth Sciences and Science Education office ...



Too little shelving space and the layout is weird. I sit on one side of the room and the motion detector for the light is on the other side of the room, so the lights are always turning off on me, which is really annoying. And I am doing a bunch of class prep so the surfaces are completely covered.

I do think that our department office has the coolest office wallpaper though ...


All the offices have discipline relevant gray-scale wallpaper, like equations or molecules. We have the a view of the Lake Ontario shoreline at Chimney Bluffs State Park. Much cooler!  In my biased opinion at least. They tried to get us to put up a picture of Arizona (O.o) or a bunch of leaves (O_O). Local rocks, water and wind is much better for an Earth Sciences Department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.