Friday, April 3, 2015

March in Review


Since I have turned out to be a nonsense at doing weekly wrap-ups, and have been spacing out on linking my posts to anything, I thought I would give Kathryn at Book Date's brand-spanking new Month in Review meme a try. March is midterm season so I have been mostly writing tests and assignments, and then having to grade all of the tests and assignments. I have a stack of tests laughing at me right now. As for reading - I started working my way though Discworld again, in honor of Terry Pratchett's passing.


Total books read: I haven't the foggiest clue. More than six novels that I can remember off the top of my head, at least 14 manga, and scads of children's books. My daughter is going through another Elephant and Piggie phase and we are reading 2-3 of these at bedtime each night.


For book related posts I have ... 

A peak into Going Postal and Toms River

Musings on Best Feminist Books For Younger Readers

Twin Spica by Kou Yaginuma - mini gush

A peak into Guards! Guards! and Merchants of Doubt

Monday Manga Mailbox

The Great Discworld Re-Re-Read
The Great Discworld Re-Re-Read, update 1


For environmental posts I have ... 



Finally some randomness  ...

I hate daylight savings time!
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer...


My nonfiction reading for work pile just expanded by four books this week and I am still working on learning Japanese. Eek!

Happy Reading! 







1 comment:

  1. Oh I'd hate the thought of a pile of tests to mark and grade, like a dose of medicine waiting! I must check out the Elephant
    and Piggy books because I'm looking for young ones books these days. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.