Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pop-up books

The library on campus has a neat display of pop-up books. Here are some quick pictures which don't really do the books justice (you should be able to click on them to get larger pictures) ...

Snow White - Pre-Disney

Snow White - Pre-Disney

Disney Snow White - overview

Disney Snow White

Disney Snow White
The Hulk - yes he is bursting right out of the page there

Tron - which was intricate and minimalist at the same time

Wonder Woman - Dig the Combat Kangaroos!
Haunted House by Jan Pienkowski (Thanks to Ian Barrans for the correct title)

4 comments:

  1. So cool! I still love pop-up books to this day. When they had that Chronicles of Narnia pop-up book on sale at B&N for a while (it was publishers' overstocks, I think), I found it very, very hard to resist. Except what would I do with a Chronicles of Narnia pop-up book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have the same problem. It is so hard when you see something cool, especially on sale, and find yourself trying to come up with an excuse to get a third or fourth copy of something :)

      Delete
  2. Just fyi that bug book is actually "Haunted House" by Jan Pienkowski. Hope that's useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been too cold and I have been to busy to go back over there.

      Delete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.