Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's Monday! What are You Reading? 1-19-15


It's Monday! What are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey and It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA! is hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts.

This past week ... 

On Wednesday I did a Wondrous Words Wednesday 38 using words that were all from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and I followed that up on with a brief mini-review of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (it is still quite a fun read). 

On Thursday I posted a huge, long review plus conceptual discussion about the nonfiction book When Oil Peaked by Kenneth Deffeyes (long). Did I mention this was long ? 

Friday I posted A peak into A Natural History of Dragons and The Secret Rooms for Book Beginnings and the Friday 56. 

Then on Sunday I posted a review of A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (what a neat book!). 


This week, I am going to try to read Hubbert's Peak by Kenneth Deffeyes to see if his first book was better (I imagine it has to be otherwise he never should have gotten to the point of writing a third one.) Not sure what else I will pick up. Right now I just want to get my hands on The Tropic of Serpents: A Memoir by Lady Trent the second Lady Trent book, but that would take ignoring my monster TBR pile.

3 comments:

  1. I read A Natural History of Dragons recently. It is fun.

    I always love rereading Hitchhiker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you believe I've never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?! I know it's a cult classic so must do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy reading this week! I can totally relate about the monster TBR pile. Mine has reached monstrous sizes as well!

    My IMWAYR post.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.