Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Too cute ! Take a look at a pygmy chameleon

I was looking for something else entirely when I ran into this picture at the HHMI ...


It is a pygmy chameleon! They were discovered at Mount Gorongosa, in Gorongosa National Park, Mozambique in 1971 and are all of three inches (7.62 cm) long when fully grown. They are chameleons so they do change color to blend in with the background. At night they go pale and look like little lizard ghosts.

For more information visit HHMI Biointeractive.

This is soooo cute!  My daughter (who catches crickets, pill bugs, grasshoppers and frogs for brief stints as pets before letting them go again) is gonna love this.

Learn more about them here too http://www.gorongosa.org/blog/bush-diaries/pygmies-mount-gorongosa

To drag it back to books, I just saw this ... A Window on Eternity: A Biologist's Walk Through Gorongosa National Park by E. O. Wilson which I now want to get my hands on! 

1 comment:

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.