Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Work is crazy so ...

in loo of a real post ... I give you the bird !


To be specific, here is a sightly blurry photo of a suspicious Scarlet Ibis shortly before it decided it didn't like me there and flew away.

Ibis are medium to large sized wading and terrestrial birds that have a somewhat long neck and legs. They are related to storks and very closely related to spoonbills. The males are generally larger than the females and have longer bills.

According the Wikipedia:
The scarlet ibis (Eudocimus ruber) is a species of ibis in the bird family Threskiornithidae. It inhabits tropical South America and islands of the Caribbean. In form it resembles most of the other twenty-seven extant species of ibis, but its remarkably brilliant scarlet coloration makes it unmistakable. This medium-sized wader is a hardy, numerous, and prolific bird, and it has protected status around the world. Its IUCN status is Least Concern." 
 This particular ibis is an inhabitant of an aviary in Niagara Falls, Canada.  

And this is my wild leopard, also in the same aviary ... she is trying to make a break for it  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.