Thursday, September 4, 2014

The 2014 Cybils - Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards

The 2014 Cybils Awards are getting underway and there is only one day left to apply to be a judge or panelist. 

The FAQ and application links can be found here
http://www.cybils.com/2014/08/call-for-judges.html

I am also sorting out the books that I want to nominate.

Nominations open October 1st and close on the 15th. Anyone can nominate one book per catagory. The book has to have been published in English in the period of time lapsed since the last Cybils.

Low and behold - I have looked back at the books that I have gotten around to reviewing (or even reading) lately and they have been very children's and young adult skewed. Seems like I should follow this passion and pay a bit more attention.

Not only do I get to read books with my children (Hurray!), these books tend to make a lovely counter to the adult nonfiction and journal articles I spend most of my time reading (environmental and forensic in nature usually) - restoring my faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.