Wednesday, September 17, 2014

2014 Cybils Awards - I'm a judge!

I have been doing a quiet happy penguin dance in my house the last few days and now I am really thrilled to be able to announce that I have been chosen to be a Round 1 Elementary/Middle Grade Non-Fiction Judge !  This is a great honor and I am so excited! I love nonfiction books and I love kids books - this is a double love! Yay!

Nominations open October 1st and close on the 15th. The guidelines are here. The mission of these awards is as follows ... "The Cybils Awards aims to recognize the children’s and young adult authors and illustrators whose books combine the highest literary merit and popular appeal. If some la-di-dah awards can be compared to brussels sprouts, and other, more populist ones to gummy bears, we’re thinking more like organic chicken nuggets. We’re yummy and nutritious." So - have you read anything good in picture books, early readers, chapter books, or middle grade or young adult novels, graphic novels, poetry or nonfiction this past year ? Nominate them!


The Elementary/Middle Grade Non-Fiction Chair is Jennifer Wharton Jean Little Library

The First Round Judges are:


The Second Round Judges are:


Cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.