Monday, May 12, 2014

It's Monday! What are You Reading? 5-12

It's Monday! What are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Finals week!  EEK!  Also Bout of Books 10.0 week. Double EEK!

I posted a review for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

I also participated in a couple of memes ... 
My plan for this week is to alternate between writing/giving/grading finals and reading fun books so that I don't go completely bonkers this week. Thus here is my Bout of Books 10.0 Goals List, such as it is.  I think I need to alter it so that "Don't go bonkers" tops the goal list.

Despite any grand plans that I might have had, I have actually been reading Owl's Well That Ends Well by Donna Andrews - the 6th book in that series. I have no idea how that ended up in my bag rather than any of the books on my goals list, but what the heck. 

I started reading it while proctoring the test this morning and discovered the it makes the students nervous when you sit there snickering and trying really hard not to laugh out loud while they are being tortured by an exam.  In my defense, I did get myself under control :-)  but I forgot how much I liked this book.  Snicker!

Here is the start of the book (you have to read it if you want to know why Meg is doing this :-) ... 

When the doorbell rang, I stumbled to the still-dark window and poured a bucket of water where the front porch roof would have been if it hadn't blow away in a thunderstorm two weeks ago. 

"Aarrgggg!" screamed our visitor. A male voice for a change. 

Ignoring the curses from below, I poured another gallon jug of water into the bucket, added a scoop of ice cubes from the cooler, and stationed it by the window before crawling back into the sleeping bag.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to read your review of Potato Pie, great book, terrible title. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the poor students :-) But yay for having an awesome book to read.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.