Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bout of Books Friday Update

Bout of BooksFriday was full time grading, with a little bits of reading here and there. Brain is fried today.

Friday
Pages read: 196 pages today
  • 88 pages out of The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff - finishing it.
  • 108 pages of Emilie and the Sky World by Martha Wells (fun!)  
Running Total Pages:  860 ; plus 96 pages of a graphic novel
Books Finished so far: 3
 The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff
 A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
 Owl's Well That Ends Well by Donna Andrews
 
Challenges:  Rainbow of Books Challenge for Bout of Books! This one was lots of fun - I created a pile at work all from nonfiction books.

I also finished the Cover Scavenger Hunt at Book Monsters that was fun too.
I liked The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street though not as much as 84, Charing Cross Road. Duchess is a series of journal entries describing the trip that Helene Hanff took to London after the publication of 84, Charing Cross Road - basically a book tour kind of thing. I have been to London a couple of times (short work trips) and mostly the book made me want to go back. I loved London and it was a ton of fun with the kids, since most of the museums are free (donations accepted) and there are lovely parks with slides and playgrounds all over the place. I want to go back. Now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.