Monday, March 17, 2014

It's Monday! What are You Reading? 3-17

The It's Monday! What are You Reading? meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It has been a couple of weeks since I had a chance to do this. Last week I finished Lake Effect:Two Sisters and a Town's Toxic Legacy by Nancy A. Nichols - it does a very good job of walking you through the complex issues associated with environmental cancer and is well worth the read if you are not familiar with the topic. I also read Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman with my daughter. Oh - and I finished Soulless by Gail Carriger which have to admit was not quite what I was expecting based on the other books I had read.

This week I am reading Some Like it Hawk by Donna Andrews (the 14th book in the Meg Langslow series). It is amusing - though not laugh out loud for me right now.  Not sure if this is because of a little bit of a slow start or I am still a little down after finishing Lake Effect.

I am also reading Field Notes from A Catastrophe: Man, Nature and Climate Change by Elizabeth Kolbert. So far I am enjoying it and am really jealous of the author. She got to travel to some amazing places while researching the book. 

I plan to keep reading The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet by Neil deGrasse Tyson as soon as I can get it back from my son.

I also started reading Vanished: The Sixty-Year Search for the Missing Men of World War II by Wil S. Hylton. I made the mistake of picking it up while I was at the bookstore for lunch on Friday and before I knew it had read a couple of chapters. It peaked my curiosity because this is a topic that I have long been interested in and it was fresh on my mind because of the NPR/Pro Publica Special report Grave Science



1 comment:

  1. Vanished sounds interesting, I will have to check it out.

    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Also check out our Kindle Giveaway along with OUAT 4 year Giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.