Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Monday! What are You Reading? 2-24

The It's Monday! What are You Reading? meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I finished Scarlet by Marissa Meyer  and Digger by Ursula Vernon last week , which means that I am still working on The Disappearing Spoon but will finish it this week.  

And I have new books (which I need like a hole in the head) as a reward for getting those exams written this weekend.

I now have Cress (which I decided I wanted despite being not that overly thrilled with Scarlet. I still want to know what happens with Cinder. I really enjoyed the first book and have been silently cursing whomever decided that this story needed to be restructured (I guess originally the whole who is the princess thing wasn't supposed to be figured out until later) and padded out into four books.

And I adored Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger so of course I had to get Curtsies and Conspiracies!

However, I am not allowed to read either until I have finished The Disappearing Spoon, written a review of it and picked out and started my next non-fiction TBR pile read (which will probably be Uranium) !

That ought to force me to get this done!  It is not that I don't like the book. It's just too similar to work right now to be as much fun for me as it should. After all, the other book I am reading right now is Geochemistry by William White - the new text I am using for my class. I ended up picking it because the texts I prefer are either way overpriced ($200+) so the students won't by them or are out-of-print. That makes Disappearing Spoon a bit of a busman's holiday for me at the moment. I should have chosen something else and saved it for the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.