Monday, January 27, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 27

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

The It's Monday! What are You Reading? meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

So, classes start Monday. A leak in my office destroyed a bunch of articles and paperwork that I had on one side of my desk and on the credenza. My syllabi are a mess, I am stressed out of my mind and have the concentration of a gnat.

Needless to say, I haven't done much in the way of substantial reading. Instead I have read some kids books - lots of Level Three Books for early readers with my daughter plus I got copies of Ottoline and the Yellow Cat and Ottoline goes to School both by Chris Riddell. I liked them and will be reading the first one to my daughter tonight.

I am still working on The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. I am enjoying the story but it isn't the kind of brain popcorn I can cope with right now so I have been a little stuck. At least I have gotten to the point where the Golem and the Jinni have met. There are so many threads to the story I want to be able to pay attention while I am reading.

Last week I got a copy of  S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorset (you can see A peak into S.) but there is virtually no chance that I am really going to be able to start reading it this week. Sigh.

I am still hoping to get one non-fiction book knocked off of my TBR pile list before February. Since I am teaching geochemistry this semester, I am going to start with either Uncle Tungsten or The Disappearing Spoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.