Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books update and Book Buying Spree! Challenge

Pages read so far: 84
Reading: The Last Dragon Slayer

So - I have already learned that I made a tactical error.  All of the books on my goal list are "real" books - i.e. physical copies that are really hard to read in the dark after my kids fall asleep.  I should have added a couple of e-books to make this work.

On the plus side - the weather outside is going to be frightful - and the last time we had a warning like this it too me three hours to made my way home (it was a terrible drive - the only way I found the turnoff to my road was that someone had their outside trees decorated for Christmas.) I have no plans to have that happen again, so I am staying at home today - so not too much semester planning is happening but I get to do more reading than I would otherwise. 

AND - I have/am participating in a challenge - the Book Buying Spree! challenge. So if I had a $100 to go on a spree today I would buy ...
 
Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch $7.99
The Petal Fairies: Danielle the Daisy Fairy $6.56
If You're Reading This, It's Too Late $7.20
Radioactive: Marie and Pierre Curie: A Tale of Love and Fallout $25.89
Lockwood & Co. The Screaming Staircase $16.99
The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret $16.00 
The Golem and the Jinni $15.90
Pinkalicious: Crazy Hair Day $3.39

For a grand total of $99.92 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.