Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bout of Books Monday Review

Turns out one of the easiest ways to up your reading is to have your area under a blizzard warning and travel advisory.  It is subzero outside with a double digit negative windchill, so pretty much everything is closed.  On the other hand - the kids are also stuck at home and will certainly not allow me to sit around reading all day.

My stats from yesterday were

Monday, January 6, 2014 

Number of pages I’ve read today: 287
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 287
Books: The Last Dragonslayer
Challenges: 2 
But then the wind woke me up so I grabbed my Kindle and started reading in the dark (am I the only one that uses the white text on black option?  I leave it set to that all the time.  This is also why I don't use the Nook reader - no black background option that I can find.)  Unfortunately I didn't put any ebooks on my goals list, which I now know was totally shortsighted.  I also wasn't feeling up to anything particularly deep so I started reading To the Moon and Back by Jill Mansell and got 273 pages into the story before finally being able to sleep.  So my updated stats look like this ... 

Monday, January 6, 2014 

Number of pages I’ve read today: 287 + 273 = 560 pages 
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 560 
Books: The Last Dragonslayer 
Challenges: 2 
Which I am not going to be able to match again for the rest of the week unless I have more insomnia. I also have to admit that this Jill Mansell is not entertaining me as much as the last couple did.  Too much angst from pretty much all of the characters.  The other books had a better balance of things so that the whole book didn't feel so fraught.
 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I wish I could say I did that well on Monday, but I'm afraid I did poorly. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.