Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Books Read with My Daughter During the Blizzard

This is the first attempt at a review from my 6 year-old daughter. She loves leopards, so this picture of a young leopard from the zoo is going to be her symbol for this blog.
So far we have read ...

Pinkalicious and the Cupcake Calamity by Victoria Kann 32 pages

"I like this book. Pinkalicious was in the machine and she turned on a lever and the machine blew up and there was like a huge cupcake. And the ice cream man said, 'Are you okay?' Pinkalicious smiled and she said, 'Yes.'"




Pinkalicious: Puptastic! by Victoria Kann 32 pages
"Pinkalicious was going to have a dog, because she was going to take care of the dog because some people were going somewhere and the dog was scared. But, when the dog was taking a bath, Pinkalicious accidently poured her Momma's Pink soap into the bathtub. The dog was happy. The dog did everything that Pinkalicious wanted the dog to do."



Pinkalicious: The Princess of Pink Slumber Party by Victoria Kann 32 pages
"Pinkalicious's friends were having a sleepover. But the pink one was scared. But she figured out that sleepovers weren't scary at all, but were happy and fun and friendly. And then Pinkalicous had some magic and there was a real dragon out her window. The dragon blinked."



Penny and her Song by Kevin Henkes 32 pages
"Penny had a song. She learned it from school. She tried to sing it in different kinds of places, but Mom and Dad didn't like the times she tried to sing. Then Penny said, "Now can I sing ?" Mom and Dad said after dinner. Then after dinner she sang.  Penny's song was "One is nice. Two is nice. Three is even better. Four is nice. Five is nice. Six in rain is even wetter. Seven is nice. Eight is nice. Nine is almost best. But ten is even bigger, and better than the rest."

All of these books have received the Leopard seal of approval. We actually read some more but this is the limit of what I can type while my daughter is dictating while sitting on my lap. I seem to have lost circulation in my leg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I do read all of the comments and want to let you know that I really appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave a note. Work has fallen in on me and I have not had enough time to reply coherently lately so I apologize preemptively but still want to assure you that your comments are valued. I am using comment moderation to avoid using more annoying spam avoidance. Thanks for your patience.